Monday, February 25, 2008

The New Year beckons New Bags


Year 2008, i made a promise/note to myself that i will take careful thought on my bag purchases. It should deviate from the usual safe colors of black, brown, navy, or it should sport a different and unique/odd design or style. And purchases should be made far between to ensure each bag is used and appreciated a LOT before we move on to the next one.

so far, here are my latest conquests: The Guess Getaway Bag in Rose color. Accidentally seen in
the Guess Accessories Store located in the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney, when i took the girls out on a city trip. It was buried way down amongst the big denim logo-ed bags where a 40% off sign was placed. I liked the size as its small enough to be slung across the chest ( for those long walks and shopping trips with the girls), and it had 2 main compartments and a few more small compartments and zippers so that all my stuff has its own place and is not scattered randomly inside the bag. It has a small G logo sign, which is perfect as i've always found the big G signs too gawdy for me. The downside is that the bag is canvas, and as with all canvas bags, can catch dirt and smell, but i Guess, it can be washed so that can be dealt with easily.

Second conquest was the Ninewest Dusk Powder Small Hobo. This was a result from admiring my friend's NineWest purchase sometime last December. I have noticed ( thru her bag) that workmanship is good, material of the bag is not leather, but it seems to feel like it and quality is good too. since then, i have been on the look-out for a ninewest bag but unfortunately, the store in Sydney primarily carry medium to large bags.

Until i saw this one late January and was immediately attracted to it. There was an all-black version of this bag, but i like the 2-tone one with the stone and black combination. Strap length is okay as the rolled strap sits well on my shoulders and does not slip easily. It has 3 organizational pockets and has a matching coin purse as well. It looks puffy with the billowy bottom but its probably designed that way to make the main comparment roomier. it is lightweight and is secured by a tab/button closure. Does not fit to my ideal requirement for security in a bag ( i prefer zips, and flaps come in second) but since the bag is carried close to the body, you can still feel secure when you bring this. i also like the mesh detail found inside the lining of the bag. I do not really understand the use of that, but its a new and unique detail. At $79, this bag is a good buy.

1 comment:

Mayette Q. Tabada said...

Hi, Bru

The Nine West bag is definitely unusual. I think there is an Ayala outlet but I have never visited this place. I like white but dread having to be careful around it.

I look forward to reading more of your posting on bags. Amping!

:-)