Saturday, November 18, 2006

Site for BagAbonds

My sister mustAveabag introduced me to thebagblog.com in November 2006. I’ve been bagged since then.

So I still feel dislocated that the funny, smart, down-to-earth bagaholic curating the blog has not posted anything new since Oct. 29, 2006.

Ever faithful, I use thebagblog though as a platform to take off to my favorite bag fantasies.

One site I discovered today is shop.nordstrom.com.

The Internet is full of portals that can make any BagNut’s day (and night!). But the site of this American retailing giant has many features that make BagBrowsing nearly as pleasurable as Bagging it.

Perhaps the only fatal flaw is that the items are priced ($50-more than $500) way beyond the reach of my soft, pebbled-leather effegi coin purse (only P299 at SM City Cebu).

Still, one can dream on at nordstrom:

The site has a wide range of bag shapes and materials, specially my favorites: leathers, small bags and natural fabrics.

Tip: Choose to have 99 bags shown per viewing, instead of only 21. Because of the large, clear photos, it takes some time to load each page.

Its interactive features make my BaggedHeart beat faster. You can choose up to three angles of any bag.

My favorite angle is the one showing the bag’s insides. I drooled all the more over The Sak Modern Classics Knit Hobo because it had an image of “the daisy-patterned lining.”

Of course, viewing online is never the same as doing hand-to-hand combat with the object of desire.

But the team that designed this site knows their BagNuts very well. Who else obsesses over just every feature of a bag, including how it closes (zip or magnet?) or how pockets are arranged (zipped or open? wide enough for the mobile?).

I also liked this detail I’ve yet to see in any other site, including Coach’s. Nordstrom describes a bag’s fit. The Sak carryall was just as neat in profile as its looks: “Small: Holds at least a cell phone, small wallet and lipstick

Also unique and great is the handbag size guide. I learned new words to chart my desire: strap drop (distance from the middle of the strap to the opening of the bag), total strap length (from end to end of strap), fit tips (armpit-snuggling or hip-brushing?).

Best of all, you can subscribe to receive alerts and updates. Desire’s pampered in this site.

Maria

No comments: