Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Post your bags!



And so I said to Maria, we must take photos of our bags, both past and present, so we can keep track of what we have. This way, we can document our bag "growing-up" phase.

So I will start with me: currently, I am in the Esprit and Old Navy stage. I like their canvas bags, mixed with polyurethane or fake leather, because it's lightweight and easy to handle and maintain. More importantly, it does not burn a big hole in my wallet. If you are as bag-crazy as we are, you need to watch your pennies and pesos, too. Besides, after having Baby No. 2, I just can't stand the smell of leather anymore.

My red Esprit Mali has all the rivets, buckles and rings I need in a bag. It is tastefully done in bronze, which compliments the deep red of its fake leather material. My only problem is that the single strap cannot be adjusted, and it's not short enough to sit comfortably on my shoulder and be kept under the arm, or long enough to wear it as a sling or cross-body. This bag tends to slip off my shoulders, especially when I am carrying other stuff in my hands.

But it is still beautiful and I will keep it with me till Bub is old enough to walk by herself.

mustAveabag

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bru, the style of this one reminds me of the Liz Claibornes displayed at Rustan's Cebu. When I looked in recently, the good ones got away, including the small brown satchel I eyed a long time ago. I agree with you that, no matter how nice a bag feels and is, it's a major distraction when the straps don't stay put and slide off :-(